Early Childhood Education (Graduate Certificate)
This online graduate certificate is open to students from numerous professional or academic backgrounds who desire to gain a documented concentration in teaching in early childhood environments.
Courses are designed to examine the components essential to effective early childhood programs and to explore practical, research-based strategies for creating environments where all children and families can thrive and grow.
As a student in the program, you complete 21 to 24 graduate credit hours the following courses:
- Emergent Literacy
- Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- Evaluation of Classroom Behavior
- Seminar in Early Childhood Education
- Advanced Curriculum study in Early Childhood Education
- Human Diversity in Education
- Internship in Elementary/Early Childhood Education
The audience for this certificate includes, but is not limited to, child care staff and teachers, family child care providers, preschool teachers, head start and early head start staff, program directors, special educators, early intervention specialists, and child development associates.