Leadership Studies (Undergraduate Certificate)
This undergraduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
*Courses for this certificate programs are offered both online and on campus. Please check the current course listings for online availability.
Today's changing, pluralistic, and global society requires leaders possessing a broad range of knowledge, skills, experiences, attitudes, perspectives, and tools.
The Certificate in Leadership Studies is awarded through Purdue University at IUPUI. It is designed to help you
- define and defend your personal philosophy of leadership and ethical behavior.
- describe behavior in organizational settings at the individual, team/group, and macro-organization levels.
- identify the stages of team development that occurs within organizations.
- make leadership-oriented decisions that are ethically, legally, morally, and strategically sound.
- apply concepts of supervisory management, team building, personnel selection and development, decision making, resource allocation, conflict resolution, and strategic planning to the solving of individual, team/group, and organizational problems.
- explain the importance of attracting, managing, and motivating a globally diverse workforce.
- improve individual and organizational performance by applying the appropriate leadership theories and processes in practice.
- evaluate the appropriateness of leadership behaviors in given situations, and make suggestions for improving those behaviors.
As a student in the program, you complete 18 credit hours of course work. You study human behavior in organizations, ethical decisions in leadership, applied leadership, leadership for a global workforce, and leadership theories and processes