This undergraduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in E-Commerce Development provides the skills and knowledge you need to build and maintain data-driven e-commerce sites. The program enables you to upgrade your current application development skills to web-based platforms. Interested students should have at least two to three years of application development experience or have completed the IT Certificate for Web Development.
As a student in the program, you take courses covering web-based analysis and design, advanced website design, XML-based web applications, and advanced e-commerce development. The program offers two tracks: the ASP.Net Track or the Java Track.
This track will focus on developing web sites that utilize the Microsoft .Net Framework.
This track will focus on developing web sites that utilize Java Beans and Java Server Pages.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in E-Commerce Development prepares you for such careers as:
- E-commerce developer
- E-commerce manager
- Web site manager
- Web developer
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in E-Commerce Development, you must complete 18 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- E-commerce core courses (12 credit hours)
- Track courses (6 credit hours)
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU