The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Events Management allows you to select courses pertaining to a wide array of events management careers. The program prepares students for careers in planning corporate and nonprofit meetings and events, as well as planning special events such as weddings, conferences, and festivals.
As a student in the program, you take courses in convention and meeting management, special event management, sports events management, meeting planning logistics, convention and meeting sales, exhibit marketing, international meeting planning, and nonprofit meeting management. In addition to courses offered through Tourism, Conventions, and Event Management, students can select from a number of related specialty courses from the Kelley School of Business, the Department of Organizational Leadership and Supervision, the School of Public and Environmental Affairs, the School of Journalism, and the Department of Museum Studies. You also complete an internship in events management.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Events Management prepares you for such careers as:
- Events manager
- Event planner
- Special events coordinator
- Conference planning manager
- Conference director
- Conference services manager
- Convention director
- Convention services manager
- Event coordinator
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Events Management, you must complete 19 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Events management core courses (9 credit hours)
- Elective courses (9 credit hours)
- Event management internship (1 credit hour)
*Courses for this certificate programs are offered both online and on campus. Please check the current course listings for online availability.
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU