Human Resource Management
This undergraduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
Powered by changes in the business environment, organizations of all typesfrom start-ups to nonprofits, and local organizations to global organizationsare driving the demand for dynamic and knowledgeable human resource professionals. Organizations succeed by how skillfully they develop, allocate, and lead its most valuable asset: people.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management provides a deep dive into the human resource professionals role in helping individuals, work groups, and organizations succeed. Each course in the program focuses on practical information, and emphasizes the ways in which the vital concepts taught in the program apply to real workplace situations. This certificate is useful to students who seek careers in human resource management or leadership roles. The curriculum in this program helps you prepare for the PHR and SHRM-CP industry exams.
As a student in this program, you take courses in human resource management, occupational safety and health, employment law, training methods, labor relations, compensation planning and management, and staff recruitment. The certificate program identifies four tracks to allow for ease of scheduling and planning, based on your unique career interests. Tracks include: Compensation and Benefits, HR Generalist, HR in Industry and Manufacturing, and Customized. Tracks are not required or identified on the HRM Certificate.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management prepares you for such careers as:
- VP human resources
- HR manager
- Training manager
- Compensation analyst
- HR generalist
- HR recruiter
- Benefits administrator
- HR assistant
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management, you must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Human resource management core courses (9 credit hours)
- Elective courses (9 credit hours)
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU