Information Technology | (Web Development)
This undergraduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
Web-based applications are software programs that allow you to do word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, communications, databases, and games on the web without having to download the software to your computer.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Information Technology (Web Development Emphasis) introduces the principles and techniques used to develop these applications. As a student in the program, you take courses in website design, web data management, web programming, systems analysis and design, and commercial website development. The courses cover the application development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, and implementation, all applied within a web environment.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Information Technology (Web Development Emphasis) prepares you for such careers as:
- Web application developer
- Web site manager
- Web developer
- Web architect
- Web design specialist
- Web designer
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Information Technology (Web Development Emphasis), you must complete 18 credit hours.
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU