This undergraduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in International Leadership teaches you to develop awareness of the personal cultural biases that shape your worldview. Understand complex, diverse cultural perspectives, values, communication styles, beliefs and practices, and how these differences influence organizational and work contexts. Reflect on your personal cultural competence during a culminating international experience. This certificate is appropriate for any student interested in leading individuals from different countries, or preparing for international work assignments.
As a student in the program, you take five core and elective courses and participate in an international experience. You acquire the tools you need to understand the broad-based concepts associated with leadership in a variety of individual, organizational, and community settings in an ever-changing, pluralistic, global society.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in International Leadership prepares you for such careers as:
- Global project manager
- International program manager
- Global program support specialist
- International sales manager
- International logistics specialist
- Global planning manager
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in International Leadership, you must complete 18 credit hours with a C or above in each course.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- International leadership core courses (9 credit hours)
- Electives (6 credit hours)
- International study abroad experience -OR- international internship (3 credit hours)
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU