This undergraduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University. Courses leading to the certificate are offered entirely online.
In the United States, sustainability, energy efficiency, and low-carbon practices have gained importance in businesses, industry, government, non-profits, higher education, and in the public consciousness. As a result, the need to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and perspectives to make contributions to sustainability initiatives in these areas has never been greater.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Sustainable Technologies is designed to address a growing need for professionals who can contribute to the green global workforce with knowledge in sustainable practices in current technologies. The program benefits students who want to acquire knowledge in areas of renewable energies, green building, and sustainable design, and who may want to pursue a career in a sustainable technology.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Sustainable Technologies prepares you for such careers as:
- Sustainability consultant
- Sustainability program coordinator
- Energy manager
- Ecotourism guide
- Renewable energy technician
- Energy auditor
- Sustainability policy analyst
- Environmental advocate
- Green product sales representative
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Sustainable Technologies, you must complete 18 credit hours in sustainable technologies core courses.
NOTE: ENG-W 131 is the only prerequisite required for this certificate program.
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU