As the demand for a technologically-trained labor force continues to increase, there's a need to provide training in audio electronics to students studying video, film, or media production, as well as those in fields such as physics, chemistry, biology, informatics, and computer science.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Analog Audio Electronics delivers a unique curriculum not available at most other universities. The undergraduate certificate program gives non-recording arts major students the opportunity to enhance their skills. The certificate also serves professionals working in media production who seek additional training. Curriculum topics include electricity, magnetism, circuit components, circuit devices, system design and operation, maintenance of audio equipment, and studio maintenance.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Analog Audio Electronics prepares you for such careers as:
- Audio engineer
- Audio-visual technician
- Audio archivist
- Broadcast technician
- Sound engineer technician
- Corporate sound specialist
- Sound designer
- Forensic audio specialist
- Production assistant
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Analog Audio Electronics, you must complete 12 credit hours, taken in a sequence of four electronics courses: Electronics I, II, III, and IV.
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $306.67
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $920.01
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $1131.07
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $3393.21
Additional fees will apply.
-This program is ineligible for financial aid.
Earn an IU education from wherever you are
When you enroll in an IU Online program, you take IU classes, taught by the same faculty who teach on our campuses.
It's the flexible, affordable way to get the IU education you deserve without putting your life—or career—on hold.
Get the support you need to succeed
As a student in an IU Online program, you'll have the opportunity to engage with and seek help from your professors and peers, just as you would in a campus-based program.
You'll also have access to a variety of academic and other support services that you can call on when you need additional assistance. You're an important part of the IU community and we're dedicated to ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive in your online program.
Reap the rewards for decades to come
No matter what field you're in, an IU degree or certificate can improve your chances of earning a promotion or pay raise.
You'll also earn skills that will help you to achieve success for the foreseeable future, whether you're seeking to complete an advanced degree in your current field or switch career paths altogether.
Take the first step toward a more rewarding future