We are pleased to announce the Chancellors' BS in Business Administration. This program is offered collaboratively by the IU East, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast campuses. This means that you can fulfill degree requirements by taking online classes offered by any of these campuses. This collaborative model allows you the exciting opportunity to leverage the expertise and perspectives of faculty at multiple IU campuses.
Business administrators handle a company's operational, organizational, and managerial responsibilities, requiring skills in a range of areas. This program may be of special interest to working adults with some college credit, seeking to advance their business career. According to the 2015 National Association of Colleges and Employers Job Outlook Survey, over 80 percent of responding employers plan to hire a graduate with a business-related degree.
The Chancellors' Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) exposes you to the core concepts of each business discipline, including economics, management, quantitative business analysis, finance, marketing, information systems, and more. You utilize qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify innovative and creative business solutions and anticipate outcomes. You identify and use appropriate technology and information systems to find and present data effectively. You also learn to recognize the influence of national, international, and intercultural factors on strategic choices.
As a student in the program, you learn to work effectively as both a member and a leader in team problem-solving and decision-making situations, incorporate the perspectives and contributions of individuals from diverse groups to create inclusive work environments, demonstrate professional preparation and conduct to meet professional standards in business settings, and employ multiple mediums of communication in a variety of business settings to express, assimilate, and analyze information and ideas to facilitate collaboration and achieve goals.
Your degree affords a broad foundation for work in multiple job sectors, including retail, education, finance, international commerce, manufacturing, government, private business, the arts, and healthcare, in such positions as:
- Sales manager
- Human resources manager
- Public relations specialist
- Advertising executive
- Commercial loan officer
- Chief executive officer
- Finance officer
- Market research analyst
The schools of business at Indiana University (IU) Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The School of Business and Economics at IU East is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, and it is a candidate for the initial AACSB International accreditation. Indiana University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
To graduate with the Chancellors' BS in Business Administration, you must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours. You may be able to transfer up to 60 credit hours from a regionally accredited two-year college and up to 90 credit hours from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- General education courses (30-42 credit hours)
- Business foundations courses (27 credit hours)
- Business core courses (34 credit hours)
- General elective courses (as needed to total 120 credit hours)
Important Student Milestones
For students early in their program, the Chancellors' BS in Business Administration will use three degree milestones as indicators of student progress. The milestones are tied to introductory level classes which are foundational to the degree. Attainment of these milestones will satisfy pre-requisites for certain higher-level required courses.
- BSBA Mathematics Proficiency Milestone - Represents completion of the general education quantitative reasoning requirement of your home campus of enrollment and a passing grade in MATH-M 118.
- BSBA Gateway Milestone - Represents 30 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 and ENG-W 131 with a grade of C or better.
- BSBA Foundations Milestone - Represents:
- The BSBA Mathematics Proficiency Milestone
- The Business Gateway Milestone
- The social and/or behavioral science general education requirement of your home campus (usually introductory psychology and/or sociology)
- The 9 BSBA Foundation courses
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU
To be accepted to this program, you must have:
Admissions requirements vary.
To apply to this program:
- Complete application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts.
- Submit official high school transcript or equivalent (may be required of some applicants).
- Complete an essay (may be required of some applicants).
- International applicants may be asked for additional materials.
- This program is offered by IU East, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast. After applying, you will be assigned a home campus. You will submit application documents to the Office of Admissions of that campus.
Rolling admissions. Application review will begin upon receipt of all required application materials.
Choose one: BUS B190 Principles of Business Administration -OR- BUS W100 Principles of Business Administration -OR- BUS X100 Introduction to Business
Choose one: ECON E103 Introduction to Mircoeconomics -OR- ECON E201 Introduction to Microeconomics
Choose one: ECON E104 Introduction to Macroeconomics -OR- ECON E202 Introduction to Macroeconomics
BUS A201 Introduction to Financial Accounting
BUS K201 The Computer in Business
Choose one: BUS L201 Legal Environment of Bus. -OR- BUS L203 Business Law I
Choose one: ECON E270 Intro. to Stat Theory in Econ & Bus. -OR- STAT S301 Bus. Statistics -OR- ECON E370 Stat Analysis for Bus. and Econ
Choose one: BUS X204 Business Communications -OR- ENG W231 Professional Writing -OR- ENG W232 Intro to Bus. Writing X -OR- ENG W234 Technical Report Writing -OR- SPCH S223 Business and Professional Speaking
BUS M301 Intro. to Marketing Management
BUS F301 Financial Management
BUS P301 Operations Management
Choose one: BUS D300 International Bus. Admin. -OR- BUS D301 The International Bus. Environment
Choose one: BUS K321 Management and Information Systems/Technology -OR- BUS S302 Management Information Systems -OR- IIM-I 300 Foundations and Principles of IIM
Choose one: BUS K312 Decision Modeling -OR- BUS K353 Business Analytics and Modelling -OR- BUS K302 Intro to Management Science
Choose one: BUS W311 New Venture Creation/ Small Bus. Entrepreneurship -OR- BUS W406 Venture Growth Management
Choose one: BUS Z301 Organizational Behavior & Leadership -OR- BUS Z302 Managing and Behavior in Organizations
Choose one: BUS W301 Management & Organization Theory -OR- BUS Z440 Personnel - Human Resource Workplace Management
Choose one: BUS B399 Business and Society -OR- BUS J404 Business and Society -OR- BUS W320 Leadership and Ethics in Business
Choose one: BUS X310 Business Career Planning & Placement -OR- BUS X410 Career Perspectives
Choose one: BUS J401 Administrative Policy -OR- BUS J403 Management Capstone
BUSA202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $224.23
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $672.69
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $321.34
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $964.02
Additional fees will apply.
Earn an IU education from wherever you are
When you enroll in an IU Online program, you take IU classes, taught by the same faculty who teach on our campuses.
It's the flexible, affordable way to get the IU education you deserve without putting your life—or career—on hold.
Get the support you need to succeed
As a student in an IU Online program, you'll have the opportunity to engage with and seek help from your professors and peers, just as you would in a campus-based program.
You'll also have access to a variety of academic and other support services that you can call on when you need additional assistance. You're an important part of the IU community and we're dedicated to ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive in your online program.
Reap the rewards for decades to come
No matter what field you're in, an IU degree or certificate can improve your chances of earning a promotion or pay raise.
You'll also earn skills that will help you to achieve success for the foreseeable future, whether you're seeking to complete an advanced degree in your current field or switch career paths altogether.
Take the first step toward a more rewarding future