Business administrators handle a company's operational, organizational, and managerial responsibilities. The variety of responsibility requires skills in a range of areas.
The IU Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration exposes you to all the crucial elements that make an organization function well. You take courses in accounting, advertising and promotion, commercial law, e-commerce, human resources, international business, marketing, operations management, organizational behavior, and more. In addition, you develop skills in communication, teamwork, and critical thinking. You also learn how to analyze information, solve problems creatively, and use computers.
Your degree affords a broad foundation for work in multiple job sectors, including retail, education, finance, international commerce, manufacturing, government, private business, the arts, and healthcare, in such positions as:
- Sales manager
- Human resources manager
- Public relations specialist
- Advertising executive
- Commercial loan officer
- Chief executive officer
- Finance officer
- Market research analyst
To graduate with the BS in Business Administration, you must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours. You may be able to transfer an associate degree or up to 64 credit hours from a regionally accredited two-year college and up to 90 credit hours from a regionally accredited four-year college or university. A minimum GPA of 2.0 (C or above) is required in all English composition courses and in the required business administration courses.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- General education courses (30 credit hours)
- Business administration core courses (57 credit hours)
- Business administration concentration courses (15-27 credit hours)
- General elective courses (9-39 credit hours)
To increase your expertise in specific areas, you may pursue concentrations in:
- CPA accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Computer information systems
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU
To be accepted to this program, you must have:
Admissions requirements vary.
To apply to this program:
- Complete application for admission.
- Submit high school transcript or equivalent (applicants with fewer than 12 credit hours).
- International applicants may be asked for additional materials.
- Submit official transcripts to email@example.com or:
Indiana University East
Whitewater Hall, Room 151
2325 Chester Boulevard
Richmond, IN 47374-1289
Rolling admissions. Application review will begin upon receipt of all required application materials.
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $224.23
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $672.69
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $321.34
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $964.02
Additional fees will apply.
Earn an IU education from wherever you are
When you enroll in an IU Online program, you take IU classes, taught by the same faculty who teach on our campuses.
It's the flexible, affordable way to get the IU education you deserve without putting your life—or career—on hold.
Get the support you need to succeed
As a student in an IU Online program, you'll have the opportunity to engage with and seek help from your professors and peers, just as you would in a campus-based program.
You'll also have access to a variety of academic and other support services that you can call on when you need additional assistance. You're an important part of the IU community and we're dedicated to ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive in your online program.
Reap the rewards for decades to come
No matter what field you're in, an IU degree or certificate can improve your chances of earning a promotion or pay raise.
You'll also earn skills that will help you to achieve success for the foreseeable future, whether you're seeking to complete an advanced degree in your current field or switch career paths altogether.
Take the first step toward a more rewarding future