The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Events Management allows you to select courses pertaining to a wide array of events management careers. The program prepares students for careers in planning corporate and nonprofit meetings and events, as well as planning special events such as weddings, conferences, and festivals.
As a student in the program, you take courses in convention and meeting management, special event management, sports events management, meeting planning logistics, convention and meeting sales, exhibit marketing, international meeting planning, and nonprofit meeting management. In addition to courses offered through Tourism, Conventions, and Event Management, students can select from a number of related specialty courses from the Kelley School of Business, the Department of Organizational Leadership and Supervision, the School of Public and Environmental Affairs, the School of Journalism, and the Department of Museum Studies. You also complete an internship in events management.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Events Management prepares you for such careers as:
- Events manager
- Event planner
- Special events coordinator
- Conference planning manager
- Conference director
- Conference services manager
- Convention director
- Convention services manager
- Event coordinator
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Events Management, you must complete 19 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Events management core courses (9 credit hours)
- Elective courses (9 credit hours)
- Event management internship (1 credit hour)
*Courses for this certificate programs are offered both online and on campus. Please check the current course listings for online availability.
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU
To be accepted to this program, you must have:
Admissions requirements vary.
To apply to this program:
- Complete application for admission.
- Complete an essay (applicants with fewer than 26 credit hours).
- Submit high school transcript or equivalent (applicants with fewer than 26 credit hours).
- International applicants may be asked for additional materials.
- Submit official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
IUPUI Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Cavanaugh Hall 147
425 University Boulevard
Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Fall Semester
- May 1
- Spring Semester
- November 1
- Summer Semester
- March 15
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $286.01
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $858.03
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $986.31
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $2958.93
Additional fees will apply.
-This program is eligible for financial aid at IUPUI.
Earn an IU education from wherever you are
When you enroll in an IU Online program, you take IU classes, taught by the same faculty who teach on our campuses.
It's the flexible, affordable way to get the IU education you deserve without putting your life—or career—on hold.
Get the support you need to succeed
As a student in an IU Online program, you'll have the opportunity to engage with and seek help from your professors and peers, just as you would in a campus-based program.
You'll also have access to a variety of academic and other support services that you can call on when you need additional assistance. You're an important part of the IU community and we're dedicated to ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive in your online program.
Reap the rewards for decades to come
No matter what field you're in, an IU degree or certificate can improve your chances of earning a promotion or pay raise.
You'll also earn skills that will help you to achieve success for the foreseeable future, whether you're seeking to complete an advanced degree in your current field or switch career paths altogether.
Take the first step toward a more rewarding future