This undergraduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in International Leadership teaches you to develop awareness of the personal cultural biases that shape your worldview. Understand complex, diverse cultural perspectives, values, communication styles, beliefs and practices, and how these differences influence organizational and work contexts. Reflect on your personal cultural competence during a culminating international experience. This certificate is appropriate for any student interested in leading individuals from different countries, or preparing for international work assignments.
As a student in the program, you take five core and elective courses and participate in an international experience. You acquire the tools you need to understand the broad-based concepts associated with leadership in a variety of individual, organizational, and community settings in an ever-changing, pluralistic, global society.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in International Leadership prepares you for such careers as:
- Global project manager
- International program manager
- Global program support specialist
- International sales manager
- International logistics specialist
- Global planning manager
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in International Leadership, you must complete 18 credit hours with a C or above in each course.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- International leadership core courses (9 credit hours)
- Electives (6 credit hours)
- International study abroad experience -OR- international internship (3 credit hours)
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU
To be accepted to this program, you must have:
Admissions requirements vary.
To apply to this program:
- Complete application for admission.
- Complete an essay (applicants with fewer than 26 credit hours).
- Submit high school transcript or equivalent (applicants with fewer than 26 credit hours).
- International applicants may be asked for additional materials.
- Submit official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
IUPUI Office of Undergraduate Admissions
425 University Boulevard
Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Fall Semester
- May 1
- Spring Semester
- November 1
- Summer Semester
- March 15
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $293.16
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $879.48
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $1015.90
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $3047.70
Additional fees will apply.
-This program is ineligible for financial aid.
Earn an IU education from wherever you are
When you enroll in an IU Online program, you take IU classes, taught by the same faculty who teach on our campuses.
It's the flexible, affordable way to get the IU education you deserve without putting your life—or career—on hold.
Get the support you need to succeed
As a student in an IU Online program, you'll have the opportunity to engage with and seek help from your professors and peers, just as you would in a campus-based program.
You'll also have access to a variety of academic and other support services that you can call on when you need additional assistance. You're an important part of the IU community and we're dedicated to ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive in your online program.
Reap the rewards for decades to come
No matter what field you're in, an IU degree or certificate can improve your chances of earning a promotion or pay raise.
You'll also earn skills that will help you to achieve success for the foreseeable future, whether you're seeking to complete an advanced degree in your current field or switch career paths altogether.
Take the first step toward a more rewarding future