This undergraduate certificate is awarded by Purdue University at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). IUPUI is administered by Indiana University.
*Courses for this certificate programs are offered both online and on campus. Please check the current course listings for online availability.
Today's changing, pluralistic, and global society requires leaders possessing a broad range of knowledge, skills, experiences, attitudes, perspectives, and tools.
The Certificate in Leadership Studies is awarded through Purdue University at IUPUI. It is designed to help you:
- define and defend your personal philosophy of leadership and ethical behavior.
- describe behavior in organizational settings at the individual, team/group, and macro-organization levels.
- identify the stages of team development that occurs within organizations.
- make leadership-oriented decisions that are ethically, legally, morally, and strategically sound.
- apply concepts of supervisory management, team building, personnel selection and development, decision making, resource allocation, conflict resolution, and strategic planning to the solving of individual, team/group, and organizational problems.
- explain the importance of attracting, managing, and motivating a globally diverse workforce.
- improve individual and organizational performance by applying the appropriate leadership theories and processes in practice.
- evaluate the appropriateness of leadership behaviors in given situations, and make suggestions for improving those behaviors.
As a student in the program, you complete 18 credit hours of course work. You study human behavior in organizations, ethical decisions in leadership, applied leadership, leadership for a global workforce, and leadership theories and processes.
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $275.17
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $825.51
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $957.58
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $2872.74
Earn a quality education
With more than 115 online degree programs to choose from, Indiana University gives you the opportunity to receive a top-quality education when you want it, where you want it. The faculty who teach our online courses are the same exceptional faculty who teach those courses on our campuses. Whether you're looking for an undergraduate education or want to continue advancing your career with a graduate degree, IU Online’s degree program options have something for everyone.
Online learning gives you the flexibility and freedom to attend your classes whenever and wherever is most convenient for you. You can save time and money by being able to continue to work and by avoiding relocation or travel costs. You will be required to complete assignments in a certain timeframe, but in most instances, you can log in and complete coursework during the time of day that works best for you. Classes aren't tied to a certain time or day.
Service you expect from a leading University
Online learners at Indiana University have access to the same student services available to on-campus students. We're committed to providing you with the quality educational experience students have come to expect and desire from Indiana University, without needing to make sacrifices to the other commitments in your life.