The IUPUI Graduate Certificate in Public Health is designed to provide foundational public health knowledge and skills to meet the needs of practicing public health professionals or those interested in expanding their skills into the public health field.
The curriculum is comprised of courses that blend the five core areas of public health. As a student in the program, you learn to:
- Use biostatistical methods to analyze and report public health data
- Specify approaches to assess, prevent, and control environmental and occupational hazards to human health and safety
- Use epidemiologic methods to collect, study, analyze, and report the patterns of disease in human populations for diverse audiences
- Apply policy process, development, and analysis methods to address current national, state, and local public health issues
- Identify social and behavioral science factors, theories, and models and develop, implement, and evaluate interventions designed to positively affect health behaviors in populations
- Exhibit high standards of personal and organizational integrity, compassion, honesty and respect for all people
- Identify the impact of diversity and culture on public health across discipline areas
- Identify the basic ethical and legal principles pertaining to the collection, maintenance, use, and dissemination of public health data
Your IUPUI Graduate Certificate in Public Health prepares you for such careers as:
- Community health educator
- Disease prevention manager
- Health promotion specialist
- Intervention designer
- Maternal and child health specialist
- Obesity prevention coordinator
- Public health researcher
- Technical advisor for health programs
- Vaccine advisor
- Youth tobacco prevention coordinator
To earn the Graduate Certificate in Public Health, you must complete 15 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Public health core courses (12 credit hours)
- Elective course (3 credit hours)
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $510.00
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $1530.00
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $1250.00
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $3750.00
Earn an IU education from wherever you are
When you enroll in an IU Online program, you take IU classes, taught by the same faculty who teach on our campuses.
It's the flexible, affordable way to get the IU education you deserve without putting your life—or career—on hold.
Get the support you need to succeed
As a student in an IU Online program, you'll have the opportunity to engage with and seek help from your professors and peers, just as you would in a campus-based program.
You'll also have access to a variety of academic and other support services that you can call on when you need additional assistance. You're an important part of the IU community and we're dedicated to ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive in your online program.
Reap the rewards for decades to come
No matter what field you're in, an IU degree or certificate can improve your chances of earning a promotion or pay raise.
You'll also earn skills that will help you to achieve success for the foreseeable future, whether you're seeking to complete an advanced degree in your current field or switch career paths altogether.
Take the first step toward a more rewarding future