Higher education and student affairs professionals direct student administration, services, and other educational activities at post-secondary institutions, including universities, four-year colleges, junior colleges, and community colleges.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Higher Education and Student Affairs is designed for those interested in exploring the role of student affairs in higher education. Our program emphasizes the essential knowledge, intellectual competencies, and practical skills necessary to work within a higher education setting.
As a student in the program, you explore the organization and policy that guides higher education and the history and evolution of student affairs. You examine the changing identities, demographics, values, and experiences of college students, as well as current trends in higher education and their implications for today's college student. You also complete a supervised practicum where you apply your learning and gain experience in the field of student affairs.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Higher Education and Student Affairs prepares you for such careers as:
- Student affairs specialist
- Admissions specialist
- Financial aid specialist
- Records services specialist
- College career advisor
- Student coordinator
- Academic advisor
- Student life counselor
- Residential life coordinator
- Enrollment specialist
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Higher Education and Student Affairs, you must complete 15 credit hours of core higher education and student affairs courses.
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $291.89
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $875.67
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $1066.15
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $3198.45
Additional fees will apply.
Earn an IU education from wherever you are
When you enroll in an IU Online program, you take IU classes, taught by the same faculty who teach on our campuses.
It's the flexible, affordable way to get the IU education you deserve without putting your life—or career—on hold.
Get the support you need to succeed
As a student in an IU Online program, you'll have the opportunity to engage with and seek help from your professors and peers, just as you would in a campus-based program.
You'll also have access to a variety of academic and other support services that you can call on when you need additional assistance. You're an important part of the IU community and we're dedicated to ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive in your online program.
Reap the rewards for decades to come
No matter what field you're in, an IU degree or certificate can improve your chances of earning a promotion or pay raise.
You'll also earn skills that will help you to achieve success for the foreseeable future, whether you're seeking to complete an advanced degree in your current field or switch career paths altogether.
Take the first step toward a more rewarding future