The IU Online Master of Public Health with a concentration in epidemiology is designed for students who have a bachelor's degree and experience in a health-related field. As a student in this program, you study academic theory and earn real-world experience to prepare you for a career in public health. You learn to design and conduct studies, analyze data, and present findings in a variety of formats.
Many online support services are available to assist you as you progress through the program.
To earn the MPH in epidemiology, you must complete 45 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Public health core courses (12 credit hours)
- Epidemiology concentration courses (18 credit hours)
- Public health electives (12 credit hours)
- Public health practical experience (3 credit hours)
Epidemiology concentration courses
- PBHL-B 552: Fundamentals of Data Management (3 credits)
- PBHL-B 562: Biostatistics for Public Health II (3 credits)
- PBHL-E 601: Advanced Epidemiology (3 credits)
- PBHL-E 635: Foundations in Public Health Informatics (3 credits)
- PBHL-E 704: Epidemiology Final Concentration Project I (3 credits)
To be accepted to this program, you must have:
A bachelor's degree
3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
To apply to this program:
Complete an online application that includes:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (five questions, 100 words each)
- GRE scores (This is required only of students with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0, and international students. This is not required of students with a graduate or professional degree from a U.S. or Canadian college or university.)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (international students only)
A personal interview may also be conducted. Interviewees are invited at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
- Spring semester
- November 1
- Spring semester (international students only)
- September 15
- Fall semester
- August 1
Cost for Indiana Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $536.00
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $1608.00
Cost for Out of State Residents
Per Credit Hour
- Tuition: $1300.00
3 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $3900.00
-Additional fees will apply.
Earn an IU education from wherever you are
When you enroll in an IU Online program, you take IU classes, taught by the same faculty who teach on our campuses.
It's the flexible, affordable way to get the IU education you deserve without putting your life—or career—on hold.
Get the support you need to succeed
As a student in an IU Online program, you'll have the opportunity to engage with and seek help from your professors and peers, just as you would in a campus-based program.
You'll also have access to a variety of academic and other support services that you can call on when you need additional assistance. You're an important part of the IU community and we're dedicated to ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive in your online program.
Reap the rewards for decades to come
No matter what field you're in, an IU degree or certificate can improve your chances of earning a promotion or pay raise.
You'll also earn skills that will help you to achieve success for the foreseeable future, whether you're seeking to complete an advanced degree in your current field or switch career paths altogether.
Take the first step toward a more rewarding future