Business Administration, BS
Bachelor of Science
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
Business administrators handle a company's operational, organizational, and managerial responsibilities, requiring skills in a range of areas. This program may be of special interest to working adults with some college credit, seeking to advance their business career.
The Chancellors' Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) exposes you to the core concepts of each business discipline, including economics, management, quantitative business analysis, finance, marketing, information systems, and more. Learn to utilize qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify innovative and creative business solutions and anticipate outcomes. Identify and use appropriate technology and information systems to find and present data effectively. Learn to recognize the influence of national, international, and intercultural factors on strategic choices.
As a student in the program, you learn to work effectively as both a member and a leader in team problem-solving and decision-making situations, incorporate the perspectives and contributions of individuals from diverse groups to create inclusive work environments, demonstrate professional preparation and conduct to meet professional standards in business settings, and employ multiple mediums of communication in a variety of business settings to express, assimilate, and analyze information and ideas to facilitate collaboration and achieve goals.
Gain a broad foundation for work and prepare for opportunities in multiple job sectors, including retail, education, finance, international commerce, manufacturing, government, private business, the arts, and healthcare, in such positions as:
- Sales manager
- Human resources manager
- Public relations specialist
- Advertising executive
- Commercial loan officer
- Chief executive officer
- Finance officer
- Market research analyst
This 100 percent online, consortial program is taught by IU East, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast. This consortial model allows you to take coursework from several campuses and learn from a wide range of faculty.
To graduate with the Chancellors' BS in Business Administration, you must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours. You may be able to transfer up to 60 credit hours from a regionally accredited two-year college and up to 90 credit hours from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- General education courses (30-42 credit hours)
- Business foundations courses (27 credit hours)
- Business core courses (34 credit hours)
- General elective courses (as needed to total 120 credit hours)
Important Student Milestones
For students early in their program, the Chancellors' BS in Business Administration will use three degree milestones as indicators of student progress. The milestones are tied to introductory level classes which are foundational to the degree. Attainment of these milestones will satisfy pre-requisites for certain higher-level required courses.
- BSBA Mathematics Proficiency Milestone - Represents completion of the general education quantitative reasoning requirement of your home campus of enrollment and a passing grade in MATH-M 118.
- BSBA Gateway Milestone - Represents 30 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 and ENG-W 131 with a grade of C or better.
- BSBA Foundations Milestone - Represents:
- The BSBA Mathematics Proficiency Milestone
- The Business Gateway Milestone
- The social and/or behavioral science general education requirement of your home campus (usually introductory psychology and/or sociology)
- The 9 BSBA Foundation courses
IU Online provides friendly services and resources to help you succeed.