Understanding the foundations of business is an excellent way to advance your career in any industry.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Business Foundations offers fast-paced, application-oriented instruction in fundamental business knowledge. It is especially designed for students with work and family commitments.
As a student in the program, you acquire a basic understanding of the core disciplines of business. The curriculum explores topics such as accounting, business management, marketing, human resource management, financial management, and operations management. Your instructors are all business professionals.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Business Foundations prepares you for such careers as:
- Administrative assistant
- Office manager
- Customer service representative
- Copy machine operator
- Machine operator
- Human resource associate
- Marketing assistant
- Payroll coordinator
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Business Foundations, you must complete 21 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Business foundations core courses (18 credit hours)
- Business foundations elective course (3 credit hours)
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU