Cultural Heritage Tourism
Today, the tourism environment is more diverse and global than ever due to the integration of economies, societies, and cultures.
The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Cultural Heritage Tourism comprises a curriculum designed to give you a culturally diverse and global perspective. As a student in the program, you acquire a broad understanding of cultural heritage tourism and event management across cultures, communities, and countries. You learn about tourism systems, the development and management of attractions, marketing food and lodging services, industry trends in hospitality and tourism, geography, and global tourism. In addition, you complete an internship in a tourism industry.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Cultural Heritage Tourism prepares you to work in cultural attractions, art and culture organizations, historic preservation, cultural travel, food, and other cultural tourism interests, in such careers as:
- Banquet manager
- Event planner
- Conference services manager
- Special events coordinator
- Front desk manager
- Guest relations manager
- Museum educator
- Catering director
- Tour guide
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Cultural Heritage Tourism, you must complete 18 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Cultural heritage tourism core courses (9 credit hours)
- Elective courses (9 credit hours)
*Courses for this certificate program are offered both online and on campus. Please check the current course listings for online availability.
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU