Curriculum and Instruction: Art Education, EdD
The IU Online EdD in Curriculum and Instruction with a specialization in art education prepares students for roles in higher education, art education, and scholarship through a rigorous curriculum.
As a student in this program, you hone your ability to critically analyze ideas and issues, design and implement curricula, and support and mentor practicing educators. You prepare to make significant contributions to the field of art education through teaching, scholarship, and service. You conduct research that seeks practical, tangible solutions to challenges in the field of art education. You gain experience in scholarly publication and in higher education instruction.
Your IU Online EdD in Curriculum and Instruction: Art Education prepares you for career paths such as:
- Teaching and teacher education in higher education
- Leadership roles in K–12
- Museum positions or other community positions
- Independent consultant
To earn an EdD in Curriculum and Instruction with a specialization in art education, you must complete 60 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Core inquiry courses (9 credit hours)
- Inquiry linkage course (3 credit hours)
- Focus courses (24 credit hours)
- Minor courses (9 credit hours)
- Electives (6 credit hours)
- Dissertation courses (9 credit hours)