Curriculum and Instruction: Mathematics Education, EdD
The IU Online EdD in Curriculum and Instruction with a specialization in mathematics education is designed for math teachers and instructional leaders looking to supplement their master’s degree with advanced-level coursework.
Courses focus on:
- effective teaching.
- mathematical thinking and learning.
- equity in mathematics education.
- mathematics curriculum, assessment, and teacher education.
- research methods, and their uses for improving education.
You develop the skills you need to work in a variety of domains in this field, such as research, teacher education, and curriculum development. You learn new strategies for engaging students—from problem-based, discussion-rich teaching methods to appropriate uses of technology in math classrooms.
To earn an EdD in Curriculum and Instruction with a specialization in mathematics education, you must complete 60 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Major area: mathematics education (30 credits)
- Type 1: Mathematics education topic courses (15-18 credits)
- Type 2: Professional seminar courses (6-9 credits)
- Type 3: Linkage courses (6 credits)
- Inquiry courses (12 credits)
- Electives (9 credits)
- Dissertation courses (9 credits)
Download a printable PDF summary of the EdD in Curriculum and Instruction: Mathematics Education.