Bachelor of Science
Did you know that French is the official language for many international organizations and in 29 countries? IU Online’s Bachelor of Science in French offers a rigorous curriculum that develops your language proficiency, cultural facility, and professional competence in French.
Tailor your degree to your professional interests by choosing one of three tracks:
- French for Medical Communication (15 credit hours)
- French for Business (15 credit hours)
- French for Cultural Tourism (15 credit hours)
The tracks allow you to apply your command of the French language and knowledge of Francophone culture in a variety of real-world settings.
Employment opportunities in the fields of French are expected to continue growing well above average for the next 10 years at the state, regional, and national level. Your IU Online BS in French can prepare you for such positions as:
- Meeting, convention, and event planners
- Public relations specialists
- Sales managers
- Training managers
- General and operations managers
- Interpreters and translators/medical communications
- Human resources specialists
If you decide to pursue an advanced degree, the solid liberal arts foundation and suite of core French coursework will prepare you for admission to a wide variety of professional graduate programs.
This program is taught by IU East, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast. This consortial model allows you to take coursework from several campuses and learn from a wide range of faculty. Please note that, although the program is delivered 100 percent online, some classes require your attendance on specific days and times.
To earn a Bachelor of Science in French, you must complete 120 credit hours. You may transfer up to 60 previously earned credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Core courses (6 credit hours)
- Major courses (24 credit hours)
- Track courses (15 credit hours)
- General education and elective courses (as needed to total 120 credit hours)
IU Online provides friendly services and resources to help you succeed.