General Studies, BGS - IU Southeast
Bachelor Of General Studies
The Bachelor of General Studies gives you a unique opportunity to develop a multidisciplinary course of study that fulfills traditional university requirements in liberal arts and sciences while being customizable to meet your specific goals for a college degree.
The IU Online Bachelor of General Studies allows you to complete requirements in three learning areas: arts and humanities, science and mathematics, and social and behavioral sciences. In consultation with your academic advisor, you also complete electives that allow you to tailor your general studies degree to your individual needs. You receive a broad range of skills and knowledge that can further your current career and/or prepare you for professional programs or graduate school.
Your IU Online BGS prepares you for such careers as:
- Accounting specialist
- Public Relations specialist
- Marketing specialist
- Sales manager
- Brand manager
- Regulatory affairs specialist
- Project manager
- Operations manager
- Risk management specialist
- Office manager
To graduate with the BGS, you must complete a total of 120 credit hours. At least 30 credit hours must be taken at the 300-400 level. You may be able to transfer an associate degree or up to 64 credit hours from a regionally accredited two-year college and up to 90 credit hours from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- General education courses (30 credit hours)
- Arts and humanities courses (12 credit hours)
- Science and mathematics courses (14 credit hours)
- Social sciences courses (12 credit hours)
- BGS concentration courses (18 credit hours)
- BGS capstone (3 credit hours)
- General elective courses (as needed to total 120 credit hours)
IU Online provides friendly services and resources to help you succeed.