Of Special Interest for Dual-Credit and Community College Instructors Needing to Meet HLC Standards
The stackable structure of the MAT in German is ideal for educators who want to teach:
- Dual-credit courses to high school students.
- Community college–level courses.
This program is designed to meet Higher Learning Commission qualification standards. These standards require educators to hold either a master's degree in German or a master's degree in another discipline (such as education), plus at least 18 credit hours of discipline-specific graduate coursework.
- If you need both discipline-specific coursework and a master's degree, the MAT in German meets HLC standards.
- If you already hold a master's degree in a discipline other than German, you can meet HLC standards by completing the Graduate Certificate in German.
To earn the MAT in German, you must complete 30 credit hours.
Requirements are broken down as follows:
- Core German courses (18 credit hours)
- Graduate School of Education courses (12 credit hours)
Many online support services are available to assist you as you progress through the program.
If applying directly to the MAT, you must:
- Have 20 hours in German coursework at the bachelor's level, or have completed at least two courses from the Graduate Certificate in German with a B or higher.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA
To apply to this program, complete an online application that includes:
- Personal statemnet (250 words)
Fall semester: Aug 1
Spring semester: Jan 1
Summer I semester: May 1
Summer II semester: Jun 15