The IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Nutrition prepares students to sort nutrition fact from nutrition fiction and nutrition mythology. Students in the program learn to make well-informed nutrition choices for themselves, their families, and their clients and patients.
The program is designed for students preparing for professional programs in healthcare like nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, medicine, dentistry, or other health-related fields. The program can also be beneficial to students interested in improving their personal health and that of their families.
Your IU Online Undergraduate Certificate in Nutrition prepares you to work as a nutrition consultant in such areas as:
- Nursing homes
- Occupational therapy facilities
- Physical therapy offices
- Physician offices
- Dentist offices
- Other health-related fields
To earn the Undergraduate Certificate in Nutrition, you must complete 12 credit hours.
NOTE: If you choose to pursue the IU Online BS in Health Sciences, these certificate courses may apply to your degree requirements. Completion of the certificate program does not guarantee admission to the bachelor's program.
IU Online provides quick and easy access to tools, tips, and IU resources to help you succeed, including:
- Admissions: Personalized application support for the program that is right for you
- Onboarding: An interactive orientation to online learning and all things IU
- Student Financial Services: Tailored resources for financial aid and money management
- Success Coaching: One-on-one support to reach your academic and personal goals
- Math and Writing Support: Direct access to IU-trained math mentors and writing consultants
- Career Services: Interactive tools and coaching to accelerate your career
- Libraries and Research: Online access to IU library resources and research librarians
- Technology: A full suite of software, collaboration tools, cloud storage, and training
- 24/7 Contact Center: Real-time chat, email, and phone support direct from IU