Physical Activity, MPH
Master of Public Health
Public health organizations have started focusing on physical inactivity, a modifiable behavior, because it is recognized as a major risk factor for chronic diseases. The IU Online Master of Public Health in Physical Activity prepares students to play an integral role in health promotion and disease prevention through physical activity.
As a student in this program, you are trained to quantify physical activity, monitor populations, and design public health interventions. You learn how to assess physical behavior, apply epidemiology and behavioral techniques, and describe the relationship between physical activity and health to develop public health policies.
Graduates of this program may work in such environments as:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Local, state, and federal government
- Nonprofit organizations
- Businesses and corporations
- County and state health departments
- Health foundations and health-based grant projects.
Your IU Online MPH in Physical Activity prepares you for such careers as:
- Community health promotion specialist
- Community physical activity specialist
- Physical activity epidemiologist
- Nutrition and physical activity program manager
- Physical activity policy analyst
- Public health advisor
To earn the MPH in Physical Activity, you must complete a total of 44 credit hours. Requirements are broken down as follows:
- MPH degree core courses (20 credit hours)
- Physical activity concentration courses (12 credit hours)
- Additional MPH concentration courses or electives (12 credit hours)