What you study
The IU Online Graduate Certificate in Political Science provides graduate-level instruction in the field of politics.
Study political philosophy, American politics, comparative politics, public opinion, and research methods.
How you benefit
- Describe the subfields of political science, the central questions they address, and the methods they typically employ.
- Evaluate and critique empirical social science research through literature review and the application of tools and strategies of political analysis.
- Interpret, analyze, and trace the influence of major political thinkers and movements that have influenced the development of American democracy.
- Isolate and analyze factors that shape the political attitudes, beliefs, and preferences of individuals and groups and map their impacts on political behavior and decision making.
- Evaluate and analyze the major institutions of American national politics.
- Situate and analyze American political institutions, processes, and behaviors in a comparative perspective that accounts for regional and international differences.
This 100 percent online, consortial program is taught by IU Bloomington, IU East, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast.