Public Health - IU Bloomington
The IU Online Graduate Certificate in Public Health trains students and working professionals in the core disciplines of the rapidly growing, multifaceted field of public health. The curriculum follows the Council on Education for Public Health Foundational Competencies through coursework in population health, assessment, policy and politics, and evidence-based methods. The coursework will introduce you to topics relevant to the Certified in Public Health (CPH) exam.
In addition to coursework, you complete a career-building practicum. Suggestions for practicum objectives include an internship in a new position or accomplishing a task in a current position. Deliverables include, but are not limited to, an academic paper, a work-related project, or a business plan for a new venture.
Your IU Online Graduate Certificate in Public Health prepares you for such careers as:
- Community health educator
- Disease prevention manager
- Health promotion specialist
- Intervention designer
- Maternal and child health specialist
- Obesity prevention coordinator
- Public health researcher
- Technical advisor for health programs
- Vaccine advisor and program manager
- Youth tobacco prevention coordinator
To earn the Graduate Certificate in Public Health, you must complete a minimum of 15 graduate credit hours within two years.
The core requirements are broken down as follows:
- Public health core courses (12 credit hours)
- Practicum in public health (3 credit hours)